headache kid with targets for eyes

Friday, January 18, 2008

there's still kids I'll go above and beyond for...

there's something about getting a phonecall from a friend in need that makes you drop all of your plans, no matter the consequences.
I was supposed to do merch for my friend's band tonight, it's sort of my official thing now.
I need to study for finals that are next week.
I need the sleep because I haven't had it in over two weeks now.

It's funny how you'll always say things behind your friend's backs.
"You know I love the guy, but I'm not too sure about his girlfriend"
"She's my best friend, but shit, her boyfriend's sketchy"

And you always think man, they're really gonna break my friend's heart one of these days
and then they do.
and that's when you get one of those friend in need phonecalls.
"you were right, you were always right. I can't believe this happened"
You always think hearing you're right is going to be a confidence booster, an ego stroker.
But the second you hear those words, you wish you were wrong, always wrong.

So now I'm about to be picked up and take off with my friend to some nowhere town in northern california.
Camping, I guess. He's just the type of guy that needs to get away when stuff like this happens.
"you know, you're the only reason why I know not all girls are shitty. Some of them are real genuine"
Yeah, us "genuine" ones are hard to come by I guess.

Here's to hoping I get some study time while we're in the middle of nowhere.
And that I'll still have a job as a merchgirl when I get home.
Here's to knowing he'll be back to his old self by Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home